Add:No.18 Sutie Road, Hudai Town, Binhu District, Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, China
Most shaft couplings have been standardized .The designer's task is to choose, not design. The basic steps of selecting the couplings are as follows,
Select the type of coupling, according to the size of the transmission load, the speed of the shaft, the two parts are connected to the installation accuracy, etc., reference to various types of coupling characteristics, select a suitable type of coupling.
1) the torque, magnitude and nature of the required transmission, and the requirements for buffering and damping. For example, for large power heavy load transmission, gear couplings can be selected; for severe impact loads or for the elimination of torsional vibration of shafts, couplings with high elasticity such as tire couplings can be used.
2) the working speed of the coupling and the magnitude of the centrifugal force caused by the coupling. For high speed transmission shaft, balance precision should be used for high coupling, such as diaphragm couplings, etc., and should not use eccentric slider, couplings, etc.
3) the magnitude and direction of the relative displacement of the two axes. When the installation and adjustment, it is difficult to maintain two axis strict precision, in the middle or during the work of two shafts will produce greater additional relative displacement, flexible coupling should be used. For example, when the radial displacement is large, optional slider coupling, angular displacement or intersection of two axis connection, you can use universal couplings.
4) reliability and working environment of the coupling. Usually, the couplings made of metal components are more reliable, and the couplings that need lubrication can be easily affected by lubrication, and may pollute the environment. Couplings made of non-metallic components, such as rubber, are sensitive to temperature, corrosive media, and glare, and are prone to aging.
5) due to manufacturing, installation, load deformation and temperature changes and other reasons, after installation and adjustment, it is difficult to maintain two axis strict accurate alignment. There is a certain degree of X and Y directional displacement and deflection angle CI. When the radial displacement is large, optional slider coupling, angular displacement or intersection of two axis connection, you can use universal couplings. Flexible couplings should be used when the two shafts produce large additional relative displacements during the operation.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Classification of universal coupling
- Universal coupling
- Cross universal coupling characteri...
- Overview of flange
- Cause damage cause of universal cou...
- Cross-axle universal shaft advantag...
- How to assemble the cardan shaft
- Cross-shaft universal coupling
- Spline shaft common types
- Causes of gimbal balance disorders
- Maintenance method of cross univers...
- Factors causing the damage of unive...
- The performance of the cardan shaft...
- The use of drive cross shaft univer...
- How to right use the cardan shaft f...